2010 Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept
The SSX concept explores taking Camaro’s excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context. The Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car is a concept for transforming a street Camaro SS into a closed-course track car, and a showcase for new performance parts. With exterior appointments and suspension modifications aimed at road course performance.
They include carbon fiber aero parts – front splitter and adjustable rear wing – lightweight carbon fiber body panels, revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. The carbon body panels significantly lower the Camaro’s weight, as does the elimination of much of the production car’s sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept was constructed with input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.
- Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
- Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
- Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
- Unique lower grille and brake ducts
- Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
- Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
- SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
- Racing driver’s seat with five-point harness
- Racing pedals
- Fire suppression system
- Fuel cell
- Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
- LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts’ camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
- Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
- Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
- Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
- Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
- 20-inch racing wheels and tires
Click images to view gallery
Resource images by PhotoCarSpeed